Jost prioritizes understanding the client’s goals and then effectively advocating to achieve those goals.
Jost is a civil trial lawyer who works to achieve favorable outcomes for clients in both state and federal court. His current practice focuses on defending retailers and other businesses in civil lawsuits. He has experience in all stages of civil litigation, including fact gathering, motion practice, mediation, and trial. Prior to joining Bush + Ramirez, Jost practiced at a highly-regarded firm where he defended hospitals, physicians and other healthcare professionals in medical malpractice cases and professional board proceedings. He also previously worked on transactional matters in the energy and banking sectors with a top law firm in Bogota, Colombia. During law school, Jost worked for eight months with international organizations in Geneva, Switzerland. He is fluent in Spanish and has worked on legal matters in both English and Spanish.
- State Bar of Texas, International Law Section
- State Bar of Texas, Litigation Section
- American Bar Association
- Houston Bar Association
- Rotary Ambassadorial Scholar, 2014
- University of Michigan Law School, J.D., 2013
- Executive Editor, Michigan Journal of International Law
- Geneva International Fellow
- Dean’s Scholarship for leadership and academic merit
- Pitzer College, B.A. with honors, 2009
- Mead Foundation Scholar for academic merit
- Texas, 2015
- New York, 2014
- United States District Court for the Southern District of Texas