Amy concentrates her practice primarily in civil litigation, personal injury, and premises liability defense for national retailers. Prior to joining Bush and Ramirez, Amy gained valuable experience practicing federal workers compensation and insurance defense. Amy’s previous experience sharpened her civil defense skills by focusing on defending government subcontractors and their insurance companies against individuals raising claims under the Defense Base Act, an extension of the Longshore and Harbor Workers’ Compensation Act.
Amy obtained her Bachelor of Science in Criminal Justice from Sam Houston State University. She later attended law school at South Texas College of Law Houston, where she became a member of the nation’s greatest advocacy team. Amy focused on diversifying her legal skills while at South Texas through internships in a multitude of practice areas, including criminal defense, family law, human trafficking, and asylum. Amy’s diverse legal background has proven to strengthen her case management skills.
- Houston Bar Association, Member
- Sam Houston State University, B.S. (2015)
- South Texas College of Law Houston, J.D. (2020)
- State Bar of Texas
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court Western District of Texas
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Texas